Paxil Product Description
Paxil is an oral antidepressant used for treatment and prevention of relapse of various mental disorders. Paxil provides apparent antidepressant and anxiolytic effects. But in contrast to other powerful antidepressants, Paxil does not suppress the central nervous system and does not affect the psychomotor function.
Clinical studies of Paxil demonstrate that the anti-depressant efficiently:
- relieves symptoms of major depressive episodes and prevents recurrence of persistent depression;
- reduces the marked distress and increases social activity in patients with obsessive compulsive disorder;
- prevents recurrent unexpected panic attacks, and reduces fear and discomfort in patients with panic disorder (with or without agoraphobia);
- reduces the rate of recurrence of intense panic attacks, and decreases anxiety, persistent fear and shyness in patients with social anxiety disorder (generalized social phobia);
- reduces persistent excessive anxiety, tension and worry in patients with generalized anxiety disorder;
- prevents intense fear, irritability and outbursts of anger, which may be caused by posttraumatic stress disorder;
- prevents recurrent irritability, persistent anger, mood disorders in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder.
If you’ve missed the time of your prescribed dose Paxil, take it as soon as possible, or wait till the next dose of this antidepressant, if it is almost time for it.
The duration of anxiolytic/antidepressant therapy with Paxil depends on the type, severity of symptoms and rates of mental disorder relapse. Paxil can be indicated to the patients with major depression for long-term antidepressant therapy, lasting up to 12 months.
Paxil must be stored at room temperature not above 30ºC, in an original container for protection from light and moisture.
Paxil Safety Information
Antidepressants used to treat major depression may increase the risk of suicidal behavior. This potentially dangerous side effect is very rare, but the use of any psychoactive drugs is required to be ceased immediately. If the patient taking Paxil has suicidal ideas, the antidepressant should be canceled immediately.
The reference materials about the mental disorders, contained in the review of Paxil, are intended solely for the information and should not be used for overrule or to replace the consultation of psychiatrist. The online pharmacy shall not be liable or responsible for any damage, claim or loss, resulting from incorrect using information about the antidepressant drug Paxil.
Paxil Side Effects
Adverse reactions caused by Paxil are usually mild or moderate in severity and their intensity depends on the dosage of the drug. The most common adverse reactions, which may appear during application of the antidepressant drug, include nausea, impaired concentration, as well as various male sexual disfunctions, including ejaculatory disturbance. In rare cases Paxil may cause constipation, dry mouth, tremor, diarrhea, sleep disordes, dizziness, nervousness, sweating, asthenia or decreased appetite.