Parlodel Product Description
Parlodel is an oral drug characterized by abilitty to inhibit prolactin secretion, to reduce high levels of growth hormone, and to stimulate dopamine receptors. Due to various clinical and therapeutic effects, Parlodel can be administered for prevention and treatment of various diseases and conditions such as:
- drug-induced hyperprolactinemic disorders;
- prolactin-dependent hypogonadism in men (except for serious primary hypogonadism);
- prolactin-dependent female infertility and menstrual irregularities, including short luteal phase, secondary amenorrhea, polycystic ovary syndrome, ovulatory disturbance;
- diseases associated with hyperprolactinemia, including galactorrhea with or without amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, and / or hypogonadism.
In addition, Parlodel can be used:
- to reduce growth hormone levels in the patients with acromegaly;
- to suppress lactation in the postpartum period (only for clearly defined medical problems);
- for reduction of size and mass macroadenomas in the patients with prolactin-secreting adenomas (prolactinomas);
- for symptomatic treatment of postencephalitic or idiopathic Parkinson's disease (efficacy in early Parkinsonism is not confirmed).
If you’ve forgotten to take a dose of Parlodel, do not take it if it is almost time for the next dose of this drug. In other case you may take the prescribed dose of Parlodel as soon as you remember about it.
- Parlodel can be prescribed to the patients with acromegaly together with, instead of, or after radiation therapy and/or surgery.
- Parlodel helps to reduce the risk of optic nerve compression in the patients with endocrinopathy.
- Parlodel helps to reduce Levodopa doses or to slow the increase of daily doses of Levodopa in the patients with Parkinson's disease.
Keep Parlodel in an original container to protect tablets from light and moisture. Store Parlodel between 15°C and 30°C out of reach of children.
Parlodel Safety Information
Parlodel is effective in treatment of some types of menstrual disorders, thus not affecting physical, emotional, and behavioral symptoms of the premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Therefore Parlodel should not be used for symptomatic treatment of PMS.
Information abouot hyperprolactinemia, acromegaly and Parkinson's disease, provided in the review of Parlodel, is designed for informational purposes only and should not be construed in replace of diagnostic purposes or medical consultation of the health care specialist. The online pharmacy is not responsible for any omissions or errors caused as a result of incorrect using of the information from the review of Parlodel.
Parlodel Side Effects
Sometimes Parlodel may cause adverse effects, mild to moderate in severity, which disappear quickly after reducing the dosage. Approximately in 5% of cases, the adverse effects can lead to the withdrawal of Parlodel therapy. The most frequent adverse effects, observed during Parlodel therapy, include fatigue, drowsiness, dizziness, nasal congestion, headache, and gastrointestinal disorders, including abdominal cramps, constipation, diarrhea, vomiting or nausea.