Treating Parkinson disease. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Kemadrin is an anticholinergic agent. It works by relaxing smooth muscle, which stops muscle spasms.
Do NOT use Kemadrin if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Kemadrin
- you have angle-closure glaucoma
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Kemadrin:
Some medical conditions may interact with Kemadrin. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have glaucoma, mental or mood disorders, muscle weakness (eg, myasthenia gravis), ulcerative colitis, (eg, an enlarged prostate), or urination problems
- if you have a blockage of the stomach, esophagus, or urinary tract; kidney or liver problems; high blood pressure; heart or blood vessel disease; an irregular heartbeat; or uncontrolled movements of the hands, mouth, or tongue
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Kemadrin. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine) because the effectiveness may be decreased by Kemadrin
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Kemadrin may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Kemadrin:
Use Kemadrin as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Kemadrin with food or immediately after finishing a meal.
- If you miss a dose of Kemadrin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Kemadrin.
Applies to procyclidine: oral tablets
Side effects include:
Dry mouth, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, epigastric distress, constipation, lightheadedness, muscular weakness.